This Server Administration course will show you how to configure an adapter server, techniques for balancing performance and resource utilization using the Server Web Console, debugging and diagnostic tips and techniques, and how to control your server environment on a daily basis. You will also learn to implement security models to protect and manage privileges based on user role.
You will learn how to:
- Visually and conceptually understand the iWay server architecture
- Navigate the Web Console
- Customize the Web Console appearance including different languages
- Configure an adapter server
- Manage adapter server operations on a daily basis
- Configure a data source and set up metadata for an adapter server
- Create user and service profiles and how to use them
- Understand role of different configuration files
- Troubleshoot and solve problems
- Tune your adapter server for efficient performance
- Analyze and trace (log) server activity
- Secure the reporting server Web Console and manage privileges
You will also review:
- Adding and configuring a remote server
- Adding a server node using the WebFOCUS Client
- Different files role and locations on drive
Who should take this class:
This course is for server and application administrators who are working with a WebFOCUS Reporting Server, or an iWay DataMigrator Server.
Also available as eGuide
General knowledge of server functionality as every server administrator should have by default.
Next recommended courses: