Information Builders' Self Study program offers unique solutions that complement our instructor-led training (ILT). You can select from several delivery methods:
For the self-study option, you are provided with a virtual environment, including in-session training manuals, for performing the tasks required for the course. The virtual environment is available for a set amount of hours, over a set amount of days, which differs per course, requiring you to complete the course before the environment expires. At the end of the training materials, you complete a comprehensive exercise of the course topics and submit it to Information Builders for verification and certification.
We are offering the following Self-Study Courses:
Report Painter 1 for WebFOCUS 8 Developer Studio
Reporting Essentials using App Studio - Part 1
Metadata Essentials using App Studio - Part 1
Embedding WebFOCUS BI in Custom Applications
iWay Service Manager Essentials
iWay Data Quality Essentials
iWay DataMigrator Essentials
Please visit our Self-Study Training Resources page to see FAQ's and Troubleshooting information.
Would you like to continue practicing and learning after completing one of our instructor-led courses? You can access the hosted lab environment that you worked with during the class from your office. Extended Self Study is available for:
Public Classes: an additional 20 hours of lab time over a 30-day period.
Private Classes: immediately following your private class, you can access the exact lab environment that contains your class work for a specific number of days.
To learn more about the extended self-study option, click on the icon below to contact us.
We offer several self-paced training options, including:
- Interactive Self-Paced Training which provides full content and hands-on instruction:
- WebFOCUS eLearning Package (Quick Start) - for WebFOCUS 7.x
- Building Reports with WebFOCUS Report Painter (rel. 7.x)
- DB2 WebQuery for IBM iSeries
- eGuide Subscription - Need to acquire skills rapidly? Manage your own education by browsing the online version (eGuide) of the student guide used in the instructor-led training. Available via subscription for select courses and for a 90 hour duration.
- Online Reference Library - Provides valuable information on a wide variety of topics using job aids and screencasts. Available via an annual subscription.
- InfoAssist Basic - This new self-paced training course is designed for WebFOCUS 7.x Report Assist or Graph Assist users migrating to WebFOCUS 8.x, and is available as an iPad course or an eGuide. You can download the free IB University app from the Apple store and access the free InfoAssist Basic course right in the app. The eGuide is available from the eLearning store and is also free!