This course will show you how to use Information Builders’ InfoAssist, an enterprise-grade analytics tool connected to the WebFOCUS BI and analytics platform, for governed self-service reporting, analysis, and data discovery. It will also introduce you to the WebFOCUS BI infrastructure and background information necessary to use InfoAssist effectively.
You will learn how to:
- Report from simple and dimension-enabled metadata
- Create static and interactive tabular reports
- Display detailed and aggregate information from one or more data sources
- Declare your own virtual fields, based on alphanumeric, numeric, and date formats
- Control which data rows are to be included in a variety of output display formats
- Build charts and maps from a wide selection of available templates
- Use InfoAssist built-in features to easily create data discovery type of displays
- Combine multiple tabular reports and charts into one document
- Create content thumbnails and add to the WebFOCUS portal content area
Who should take this class:
This course is for users new to InfoAssist wanting to create and share their own reports and charts for reporting and analysis and/or data discovery purposes.
Also available as eGuide