How can you give users access to the information they require while protecting sensitive or confidential data? How do you build an effective security policy? The database-driven security infrastructure in WebFOCUS 8 enables system and application administrators within your organization to implement security at a granular level for every resource in the WebFOCUS Repository.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Create the content infrastructure
- Set up automatic sign out times
- Sign in to Custom Welcome Pages
- Implement Authentication and Authorization levels
- Work with the WebFOCUS Repository to:
- Create and manage users, groups, roles and privileges
- Establish rules for access to different content resources
- Understand Resources Templates and how to use them
- Tailor the security model to meet specific requirements
- Establish and understand security for any resource (domains, folders, portal pages, etc.)
- Interpret effective policy for each resource
- Understand concepts such as sharing, ownership, and publishing
- Manage private vs. publish content
- Update privileges when upgrading WebFOCUS release levels
- Use utilities to troubleshoot and manage the security model
- Access and interpret audit logs
Using a virtual environment that is available for 10 hours over 14 days, and in-session course materials, you will work through hands-on exercises and complete a challenge exercise to test your understanding. A PDF copy of the course manual is included for your reference.
Who should take this class:
For system administrators and application administrators who will be responsible for security to WebFOCUS tools and applications. It is suggested for developers to gain a better understanding of the security structure.
Also available as eGuide
Next recommended courses: