This course is also available for these releases.
How can you give users access to the information they require while protecting sensitive or confidential data? How do you build an effective security policy? The database-driven security infrastructure in WebFOCUS enables system and application administrators within your organization to implement security at a granular level for every resource in the WebFOCUS Repository.
In this self-study course, you will learn how to:
- Create the content infrastructure
- Set up automatic sign out times
- Sign in to Custom Welcome Pages
- Implement Authentication and Authorization levels
- Work with the WebFOCUS Repository to:
- Create and manage users, groups, roles and privileges
- Establish rules for access to different content resources
- Understand Resource Templates and how to use them
- Tailor the security model to meet specific requirements
- Establish and understand security for any resource (domains, folders, portal pages, etc.)
- Interpret effective policy for each resource
- Understand concepts such as sharing, ownership, and publishing
- Manage private vs. published content
- Update privileges when upgrading WebFOCUS release levels
- Use utilities to troubleshoot and manage the security model
- Access and interpret audit logs
Using a virtual environment that is available for 10 hours over 14 days, and in-session course materials, you will work through hands-on exercises and complete a challenge exercise to test your understanding. A PDF copy of the course manual is included for your reference.
Who should take this class:
- System administrators and application administrators who will be responsible for security to WebFOCUS tools and applications.
- Developers who want to gain a better understanding of the security structure.
Next Recommended Courses: