This course is also available for these releases.
This self-study course will show you how to schedule the distribution of WebFOCUS reports, files, or the contents of a URL, using the WebFOCUS report delivery engine (ReportCaster). You can send the output in a variety of formats via FTP, printer, or email, to a repository or to the Report Library. You will also learn how to configure ReportCaster and enable users to automatically create schedules to distribute output to specified recipients.
Using a virtual environment that is available for 10 hours over 14 days, and in-session course materials, you will work through hands-on exercises and complete a challenge exercise to test your understanding. A PDF copy of the course manual is included for your reference.
Learn how to:
- Create schedules for reports/graphs
- Create alert procedures
- Create multi-task and multi-distribution schedules
- Distribute reports using email or Report Library
- Burst reports/graphs to different recipients
- Create and use distribution lists and files
- Generate and use dynamic distribution files
- Verify schedules by monitoring logs
- View the scheduled job status with the ReportCaster Explorer
- Use the ReportCaster Console and customize the environment
- Define blackout dates
- Use tracing
- Create Alert test procedures
Who should take this class:
This course is designed primarily for users and developers who need a solid understanding of how to create schedules and distribute reports using ReportCaster. It is also suggested for administrators who will manage the ReportCaster configuration.
This course assumes that each student will have a basic understanding of Windows®, the internet, and web browsers. Note: Familiarity with the WebFOCUS Home Page and InfoAssist would be helpful, but is not required.