This introductory course prepares developers for using App Studio, a Windows-based graphical user interface (GUI) development environment for creating WebFOCUS applications. This self-paced training gets you started with the most basic of report building concepts. This course gives you a firm foundation to build upon for more advanced courses in reporting and application development. Using a virtual environment that is available for 10 hours over 14 days, and in-session course materials, you will work through hands-on exercises and complete a challenge exercise to test your understanding. A PDF copy of the course manual is included for your reference.
You will learn how to:
- Navigate the App Studio interface and explore its options
- Create different types of basic reports commonly found in applications
- Create procedures with multiple components for customized reports
- Employ basic filter techniques to control report output
- Build virtual fields to customize your reporting content
- Employ style sheets and traffic lighting for effective data visualization
- Display report output in Excel, PDF, and Active HTML formats
Who should take this class:
Application Developers and Report Developers who will be using App Studio to create content for WebFOCUS applications.