Expand your knowledge beyond what you have learned in the Reporting Essentials – Part 1 course. Using App Studio, this class will explore additional concepts and techniques for creating insightful application content through advanced filtering, constructing effective virtual columns, and producing sophisticated reports.
You will learn how to:
- Employ advanced filtering techniques
- Control complex expressions for virtual columns
- Perform calculations directly on column values with prefix operators
- Summarize detailed information easily with cumulative totals, section headings and grand totals
- Create complete and meaningful content by accessing multiple data sources
- Provide reporting flexibility for users with variables
- Enable investigative analysis on demand from summary to detail with drill-downs
- Explore extract file techniques, such as filtering with HOLD files, or SQL Subqueries
Who should take this class:
Application Developers and Report Developers who will be using App Studio to create sophisticated content for WebFOCUS applications.
Also available as eGuide