How can you optimize reporting from your Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), while maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the reports? This course enables you to analyze your reporting results from the RDBMS, determine where any potential performance gains can be found, and make any necessary adjustments to speed the process from raw data to finished report.
You will learn how to:
- Describe the process of adapter optimization
- Recognize potential report inefficiencies
- Analyze database metadata and know what attributes affect reporting efficiency
- Explore syntax that relates to the RDBMS
- Determine where optimization commands can be best utilized
- Enable RDBMS optimization for all reports
- Write efficient code with hands-on techniques that work with your RDBMS
- Save time in your report request processing
- Improve reporting system performance from your RDBMS
Who should take this class:
Application developers and report developers who use WebFOCUS, iWay Data Adapter Server, or FOCUS to report from relational databases.
Also available as eGuide
Next recommended courses: