Need to learn how to create the reports for your WebFOCUS application? Are you too busy for formal classroom training or an ILO session? Do you like to manage your own time? This self-paced training introduces you to Developer Studio, an integrated development environment optimized for building and testing web reporting applications. This self-study course gets you started with the essential skills for building reports, and provides a solid foundation for advanced training later on. Following your in-session course guide and working in your personal virtual environment, that is available for 20 hours over 14 days, you will work through many hands-on exercises to produce reports and graphs destined for deployment as a WebFOCUS application. A PDF copy of the course manual is included for your reference.
You will learn how to:
- Navigate and understand the different components of WebFOCUS Developer Studio
- Create reports using the Report Painter tool:
- Add structure to reports through sorting and display techniques
- Format your report headers, footers, and column headings
- Employ efficient data selection techniques
- Create sophisticated virtual columns
- Join multiple tables as needed
- Limit report contents with static or parameterized selection criteria
- Highlight data with conditional styling
- Establish drill-downs between summary and detail reports
- Display report output in Excel or PDF format
Who should take this class:
Application Developers and Report Developers using WebFOCUS Developer Studio to create reports and graphs.
Additional Knowledge: Knowledge of BI reporting concepts and operational data sources. Developers who complete WebFOCUS Bootcamp or the Report Painter – Part 1 course (classroom or ILO) do not need to take this course.