When your application accesses a data source, it needs to know how to interpret the data used in the application. With this course, you’ll learn how to create, manage, and enhance a data source description (Master File), a key component in a WebFOCUS application.
You will learn how to:
- Generate a Synonym for an existing relational data source
- Create a Master File using the Synonym Editor in Developer Studio
- Explore the required and optional attributes for a field
- Edit a Master File using the Text Editor in Developer Studio
- Add a virtual field to a segment
- Use Filters
- Interpret the Master File for a HOLD file
- Create a cross reference to another file
- Create a Business View from an existing data source description
- Adapt for International reporting
Who should take this class:
Application administrators and report developers who want to create, manage, and understand the metadata for WebFOCUS applications.
Report Painter (Part 1) or Basic Reporting. At least one of the prerequisites is required.
Next recommended courses: