When your application accesses a data source, it needs to know how to interpret the data used in the application. With this course, you’ll learn how to create, manage, and enhance a data source description (Master File), a key component in a WebFOCUS application.
You will learn how to:
- Generate a Synonym for an existing relational data source
- Create a Master File using the Synonym Editor in Developer Studio
- Explore the required and optional attributes for a field
- Edit a Master File using the Text Editor in Developer Studio
- Add a virtual field to a segment
- Use Filters
- Interpret the Master File for a HOLD file
- Create a cross reference to another file
- Create a Business View from an existing data source description
- Adapt for International reporting
Who should take this class:
Application administrators and report developers who want to create, manage, and understand the metadata for WebFOCUS applications.
Also available as eGuide
Additional Knowledge: Report Painter (Part 1) or Basic Reporting. At least one of the prerequisites is required.
Next recommended courses: