This course is also available for these releases.
Expand your knowledge beyond what you have learned in the Metadata Essentials – Part 1 self-study course. Using App Studio, this class will explore more advanced metadata concepts and techniques to enhance your WebFOCUS applications. Improve application functionality and user experience by taking advantage of the powerful features and abilities available for managing metadata.
You will learn how to:
- Connect to a database with a data adapter
- Control the search path for application components
- Add business logic to a synonym with calculated fields, including a SQL sub-query and analytical functions with running totals
- Add synonym filters to improve user experience for reporting
- Create a customized business view of a synonym to reflect your users business requirements
- Provide flexibility in a synonym through variables
- Handle preprocessing tasks with a master file profile
Using a virtual environment that is available for 10 hours over 14 days, and in-session course materials, you will work through hands-on exercises and complete a challenge exercise to test your understanding. A PDF copy of the course manual is included for your reference.
Who should take this class:
Application Developers and Report Developers who will be creating or managing metadata for WebFOCUS applications.