When your application accesses a data source, it needs to know how to interpret the data used in the application. Using App Studio, this self-paced training introduces you to WebFOCUS Metadata and gets you started with the most basic of metadata concepts. This course will give you the firm foundation to build upon for more advanced courses in metadata, reporting and application development. Using a virtual environment that is available for 10 hours over 14 days, and in-session course materials, you will work through hands-on exercises and complete a challenge exercise to test your understanding. A PDF copy of the course manual is included for your reference.
You will learn:
- The role of App Studio for creating applications and its core metadata features
- How to create metadata using the Data Source Wizard
- How to edit and enhance metadata using the Metadata Canvas
- The basic metadata attributes and their functions
- How to create metadata cross-references
Who should take this class:
Application Developers and Report Developers who will be using App Studio to create and manage the metadata for WebFOCUS applications.
Knowledge of BI reporting concepts and operational data sources.