Master Data Management with Omni-Gen is a two-day instructor-led course taking the student through all phases of Master Data Management with detailed emphasis on the core steps of Master Data Management using Omni Designer, i.e. modeling, cleansing, matching, merging, and remediating source data to produce master records.
The foundational concepts, roles and processing steps of Master Data Management & Governance are introduced, and the iWay products (Omni Designer, Data Quality Server & Omni Governance Console) are mapped to functions.
The hands-on sessions begin with the student taking a source data from independent data sources, conducting inspection through profiling, developing the master model, populating the model, mastering the data using cleansing, matching, merging services and defining remediation. Basic methods are discussed along with best practices, common pitfalls and alternative approaches.
The workshop finishes with the integration of the data model with Omni Governance Console for review and remediation. This provides an initial understanding of the Master Data Management & Governance system using Omni-Gen Master Data Management Edition.
In this workshop the student will learn how to:
- Develop a logical data model using Omni Designer for both instance and master data;
- Instantiate and load the physical data model using the Omni Designer generated Omni-Gen Server;
- Implement cleansing, matching, merging, and remediation plans within Omni Designer and generate Data Quality Server components;
- Customize cleansing, matching, merging, and remediation components within Data Quality Server;
- Add scoring and remediation logic to the appropriate components for later remediation of instance data;
- Reload instance data employing the now customized DQS components and create cleansed and matched instance data along with merged golden records and data for remediation.
- Employ Omni Governance Console to review (360 Viewer) and remediate (Remediation) instance and master data.
Who should take this class:
IT developers of the Master Data Management process, i.e. the implementation of the MDM data model and the customization of rules and processes to master instance data. This is a technical course, although management and governance tasks are covered for completeness.