This introductory course prepares business users for using InfoAssist, a browser-based tool for query and analysis, report, chart, and dashboard design. Students will learn how to navigate the tool and explore the types of reports available for application content. They will also learn how to create content that uses basic data selection, virtual fields, drill-down features, and variables. Learning how to create content using reporting object templates and directly from metadata is also featured.
You will learn how to:
- Navigate the InfoAssist Application Window interface and explore its options
- Explore the different types of reports that are available for development using InfoAssist
- Create your own private content
- Create content that utilizes basic data selection techniques
- Utilize virtual fields in the reporting content you create
- Enable interactive content with variables
- Link report columns to other resources with drill-down techniques
- Work with Reporting Objects and metadata as starting points for reporting
Who should take this class:
Business Analysts or general business users that create their own simple reports from metadata or from predefined templates.
Also available as eGuide
Additional Knowledge: Knowledge of BI reporting concepts and operational data sources.