Are you familiar with the WebFOCUS graphical user interface, but need to know more about the underlying code that gets generated from your actions? Do you need to understand FOCUS/WebFOCUS reports you have inherited? With this course, you will learn the basic syntax contained in a FOCUS or WebFOCUS report request.
Learn to make changes to a report that needs minor adjustments, quickly and more easily. In many instances, it might be easier to manually change the code rather than navigating through a series of menu pull-downs and window buttons.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the syntax of the FOCUS language
- Comprehend WebFOCUS processing of requests
- Create detailed (PRINT) and summary reports (SUM)
- Control the order of data (BY, ACROSS)
- Style reports (STYLE file, HEADINGS, FOOTINGS)
- Understand Date Formats to change the way they are displayed.
- Create compound Data Selection using WHERE clause
- Calculate detail and summed values using DEFINE and COMPUTE
- Display group and grand totals (Subtotal, Row-Total, Column-Total)
- Place data from multiple files into one report (JOIN)
- Save data in Excel, Active Report, and PDF formats
- Add flexibility to your report request with variables (Dialogue Manager)
- Consider relational reporting efficiencies (SQL tracing)
Who should take this class:
FOCUS and WebFOCUS developers who wish to learn the FOCUS reporting language.