When your application accesses a data source, it needs to know how to interpret the data used in the application. With this course, you’ll learn how to create, manage, and enhance a data source description (Master File), a key component in a WebFOCUS application.
You will learn how to:
- Generate a Synonym for an existing relational data source
- Create a Master File using the Synonym Editor in Developer Studio
- Explore the required and optional attributes for a field
- Edit a Master File using the Text Editor in Developer Studio
- Add a virtual field to a segment
- Interpret the Master File for a HOLD file
- Create a cross reference to another file
- Create a Business View from an existing data source description
Who should take this class:
Administrators and developers who want to create, manage, and understand the metadata for WebFOCUS applications.
At least one of the prerequisite courses is required.