Expand your App Studio reporting application development skills beyond your knowledge acquired in prior classes. This course will show you how to work with and maintain reporting applications for a user community. It covers a wide range of topics, such as controlling data source access at different levels, creating reusable modules to reduce maintenance, and improving web page response times by caching data.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the relationship between the Client and the Reporting Server through App Studio.
- Customize the way the Reporting Server searches for metadata at different levels, including the procedure level.
- Provide flexibility in application design with the scripting language, Dialogue Manager, by using variables and conditional branching.
- Work efficiently with date and date-time formatted fields.
- Employ the new simplified date and date-time functions to calculate significant dates.
- Improve response time for an interactive web page by caching data.
- Customize web pages by:
- Using Dialogue Manager to dynamically create webpage control choices.
- Creating a custom message when there is no data to display for reports and charts on a webpage.
- Work visually with reports and charts while enhancing the procedures with Dialogue Manager commands.
Who should take this class:
Developers who will be working with reporting applications and have taken Reporting Essentials Parts 1 and 2 (Courses 501 and 502) and Building InfoApps Using App Studio (Course 521).
Also available as eGuide