Expand your App Studio reporting application development skills beyond the basics. This course will show you how to work with and maintain reporting applications to be run by a user community. It covers a wide range of topics, like controlling data source access, modularizing procedures, and caching data for faster response times.
You will learn:
- The relationship between the Client and Reporting Server through App Studio.
- How to control the way the Reporting Server searches for metadata.
- The scripting language, Dialogue Manager, to dynamically assemble procedures.
- Best practices for using Date and Date-Time formatted fields.
- The new Simplified Date and Date-Time Functions to calculate significant dates.
- How to improve response time for webpage displays by caching data.
- Advanced webpage techniques to:
- Use Dialogue Manager to create webpage control choices.
- Handle no data options for reports and charts displayed on a webpage.
- Work visually with reports and charts while maintaining flexibility.
Who should take this class:
Developers who will be working with reporting applications and have taken Reporting Essentials Parts 1 and 2 (Courses 501 and 502) and Building InfoApps Using App Studio's HTML Canvas (Course 521).
Experienced reporting application developers currently using Developer Studio transitioning to App Studio.
Also available as eGuide